This year, my engineering academic project is Virtual Dressing Room for Low-end devices. As the title suggests, you’ll be able to try new garments virtually on your low-end Android Smartphone itself and system will show you the items which will fit your body size only!
How it all started?
It all started a few months back when I ordered these crocs from Flipkart. Unfortunately, They couldn’t fit my feet so, I had to return the product and had to go under the headache of replacing, returning the items. There, I thought, why can’t we have the system like this where everyone can try the shoes, crocs, garments virtually on their phone itself? That’s also for low-end android devices having 1GB RAM, 4GB internal memory, Dual Core processor and 2G connectivity.
Since I already had some experience in Android Development, I decided to take this challenge and chose this as my engineering college project.
How does it work?
It’s simple, till now, we are finished with the shoes part and will be done with other items mentioned in the images too. I know the UI is not so great but right now we are focussing on getting things right. Once we are finished with the core functionalities, the UI will get better!
- Select Category of product which you want to try: Overalls, Palazzo, Track Pants, Kurta, T-Shirt. We’ll select Shoes here.
- Then the camera will open and take the image of your foot.
- Select the endpoints of reference object and endpoints of your foot and select the unit. After pressing okay, you’ll see the length of your foot.
- Then you’ll see which shoes will fit your feet! Then select the one you want to try.
- Then you’ll be able to see how that particular shoe will look on your foot virtually!
- If you like then you can place the order by clicking buy product else just press back to try different items and pay with Bitcoin or Cash On Delivery.
How can I download now?
Unfortunately, our product is still in development stage but I’ll be releasing the beta version soon on playstore and I’ll definitely update this article then. You can download the Beta Version on PlayStore. You can see the screencast video below:
Thanks Blockonomics for sponsoring!
When it comes to the payment gateway, we decided to have a futuristic approach. And go with Bitcoin as a payment method. After trying few gateways, I found Blockonomics pretty good which directly deposits the funds into our BTC wallet and very less fee. As a sponsorship, they are giving us free access to the Payment Gateway system for our project.