EDB files hold the information of Exchange Server that stores the complete data of MS Outlook mailboxes. Each time when the Outlook performs send or receive process, the emails and other items of user mailboxes get automatically stored in Exchange database (EDB) files. However there is a drawback associated with the Exchange database file as it may become susceptible to corruption, when go through any kind of unfavorable conditions like Exchange Server failure, accidental system shutdown, virus intrusions, JET engine errors, hard disk failure etc.
Symptoms of Exchange Database Files corruption
- Unable to start/stop Exchange Server Information Store
- Abnormal termination of Information Store
- MS Outlook email client is unsuccessful to send emails
- Even after restarting Information Store, user is unable to send/receive emails
- The Information Store fails at responding and CPU consumes 100% usage.
No matter what reason or source is responsible for the cause of EDB file inaccessibility, but once it is corrupted then using a third-party EDB file recovery software is the only feasible option to deal with it and fix the error.
Kernel for Exchange Server Tool in Brief
Kernel for Exchange Server software is designed to minimize the efforts and time involved in recovery of EDB files (both priv1.edb and pub1.edb) from any condition of corruption. The tool uses advanced programming algorithms to offer a 100% precise solution and assists in recovery of complete Exchange database files without disturbing their data integrity. One of the best things about this software is its standalone functionality to perform simultaneous recovery and migration of EDB files without depending upon any other utility.
Kernel for Exchange Server allows user to easily restore emails, attachments, permanently deleted emails from “Deleted Items” folder, calendar, journals, appointments, tasks, notes, drafts and other folders of Exchange user mailbox in just no time. The software embeds interactive GUI design having self-explanatory environment, letting its user perform operations without requiring any extensive technical knowledge. The software is competent to fix all sorts of EDB files errors like Exchange Jet Engine errors, corrupt or damaged EDB headers, Exchange dirty shutdown state & more.
Best features of Kernel for Exchange Server Tool
- Quick repairing of EDB and STM files and then immediate option to convert EDB to Outlook PST files or simply migrate to Office 365 or Live Exchange Server.
- Recovers complete mailbox information of EDB file like emails, attachments, appointments, journals, tasks, calendar, folders, notes, deleted emails, and drafts.
- Convenience to add multiple EDB files for recovery at once and perform recovery & migration in a single attempt.
- Flawlessly performs the recovery of complex Unicode characters without disturbing their formatting and structure.
- Efficiently converts EDB file to PST files and presents option to split the output PST files if exceeding the predefined limit.
- Maintains complete data integrity after recovery while ensuring original structure, hierarchal order, meta-data (Time, Date, To, From, Subject, CC, or BCC).
- Configured with Preview option that displays recovered items in a tree-like structure for vivid details
- Embedded with multiple format options to save EDB files to PST, EML, MSG (Unicode/ANSI), RTF, HTML and TXT files.
- Brilliant options to save redundant PST files either to new PST files or to live Exchange Server
- Loaded with advanced filter options for fetching desired email based on different criteria like Date Range, Item Type, and Include/Exclude options.
- Facility to generate Report after saving the items.
- Robust compatibility with all the versions of MS Exchange Server 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, 5.5, and 5.0
‘Ins and Outs’ of Software with Pictorial Help
How the software works? What convenience does the tool provide to recover the corrupt EDB & STM files? Find all these answers here in this detailed product review section to get a clear understanding of the tool’s Interface and its behavior.
EDB File Selection
When you will launch Kernel for Exchange server software, it will land on the main screen. Wherein, the user is requested to select the corrupt Exchange database file for recovery. For user convenience, the tool provides two options, i.e. ‘Browse’ and ‘Search’ – to select EDB file location from the selected volume of the drive.
- Browse EDB/STM File: This option is useful in case you are aware of the exact location of the corrupt EDB and STM files that are needed to be recovered.
- Search EDB File – Make use of this option to quickly search EDB file in case you are not aware of the exact path of the damaged EDB file.
Note: The tool even facilitates users to select EDB files from removable and external devices as well.
EDB File Recovery
Upon selecting the respective EDB files, it’s the time to perform rigorous scanning and then recovery. For this, the tool provides two robust recovery modes, i.e. Standard Scan and Advanced Scan.
- Standard Scan: Use this mode of recovery to handle mild corruption issues in EDB files. However, this recovery mode repairs the user mailbox information at the fastest pace due to low intensity of corruption in EDB and STM files.
- Advanced Scan: Select this recovery mode to repair severely corrupt, inaccessible EDB files. You can even use this mode to restore the EDB files, which are unable to be repaired using Standard Scan.
The great aspect about the software is that it also allows user to perform the EDB file recovery by using additional criteria such as selecting ‘From’ field in the message table and using Disk Space. Using the two modes, you can repair all types of corruption errors (in just a few clicks), such as displayed below:
- Exchange Server goes down
- “Operation terminated with error -1601 (JET_errRecordNotFound, the key was not found).”
- “The information store terminated abnormally”
- “JET_errRecordNotFound, the key was not found”, “Jet_errRecordDeleted”
- Exchange Server Error Code 528
- “The System Cannot Find the Path Specified”
- “Error Opening Message Store”
- JET_errBadDbSignature -531
- JET_errDatabaseStreamingFileMismatch -540
- JET_errDatabaseDirtyShutdown -550
- JET_errConsitentTimeMismatch -551
- JET_errInvalidDatabaseId -1010
- JET_errInvalidDatabase -1028
Note: The speed of scanning process is purely dependent upon intensity of corruption and the size of EDB files. Also, you must be aware of Exchange Server version in which the database was created, before you switch between the two modes and initiate the scanning process.
Kernel for Exchange Server provides an excellent facility to view the recovered items, before actually saving them to the desired location. Using this preview support, the tool displays all mailbox items (including deleted emails, attachments etc.) in a tree-like structure for enhanced readability and understanding.
The functionality lets user to easily verify the retrieved information before saving them to PST file or to desired location. In fact you can view complete emails with their respective attachments, calendar entries, contacts etc. displayed on the preview panel.
Different Saving Options
Besides all these, the tool also facilitates you to save the recovered EDB files to various destinations including Outlook PST files, Office 365 platform and to Live Exchange Server. Additionally, you get the option to save EDB files to various other formats as well, such as EML, MSG, RTF, HTML and TXT files.
To save specific items use search functionality:
The software embeds smart search functionality that allows you to save specific items using different filters of search functionality. In Fact, you can perform search operation based upon criteria provided by ‘General’, ‘More choices’ and ‘Advanced’ search options. For example, you may configure the filter settings by using the search criteria fields like From, To, Include Containing, Exclude Containing, Items with Flag, Item type, Message Body Containing and Message Subject Containing etc.
Save in Outlook PST Format
To save EDB files in Outlook PST format, you may apply different saving criteria like PST options, filter options, date range options etc. and then simply provide the location of the desired folder, wherein you want to save the PST files.
- Create a Unicode PST: You can successfully create Unicode PST with complete data integrity
- Split PST file after: When you are saving the EDB file to a new PST files, you can also use this option to split the PST file after the specified size in MBs or GBs as per your need.
Save in Live Exchange
Kernel for Exchange Server tool provides a dedicated button called ‘Save in Live Exchange/Office365’ to save the recovered EDB files directly to live Exchange Server. Simply provide the valid Domain Credentials by entering ‘domain name’, ‘User Name’ and relevant ‘Password’ to export EDB files to Production Exchange Server.
Save to Office 365
The software offers a direct way for exporting EDB files by simply clicking ‘Save in Live Exchange/Office365’ option to export the recovered EDB files to Office 365 platform in just no time.
Simply provide the legitimate Office365 credentials to export EDB files to Office365 platform.
Featured Compatibility Support
Minimum System Requirements
- Pentium Class Processor
- Recommended 512 MB of RAM
- 50 MB of free space for Software installation
Latest versions supported
- Windows OS (32/ 64 bits): Windows 10, 8.1, 8, Vista, XP, 2008, 2003, 2002, 2000 and Windows Server: 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2003 R2 and 2003
- Microsoft Outlook (32/64 bits):Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, 98, 97
- Microsoft Exchange Server (32/ 64 bits): 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, 5.5, 5.0
You may even run the software on your own by installing and using the trial version of Kernel for Exchange Server. The free version gives a fair understanding of tool’s interface and operational idea. You can repair bulk EDB files in a single attempt and migrate them to respective platform. Interestingly, the evaluation version just allows users to save 25 items/folder to get crystal-clear idea about the tool.
Kernel for Exchange Server is a 100% safe and secure EDB file recovery tool and is backed by 30-day money back assurance and 24*7 technical support. The software is outstanding in terms of delivering accuracy, speed and convenience to recover corrupt EDB files. From its user-friendly interface to flexible recovery options, the tool stand out in every aspect. In fact, it is a must-have tool when it comes to an unparalleled EDB file recovery & migration solutions. http://www.nucleustechnologies.com/Exchange-Server-Data-Recovery.html
The tool comes packed with a set of best features without creating complexity for users to handle.